Wednesday, June 6, 2012

headphones

if u find me walking about here, you'll probably notice i have headphones in. even in the stores. i figure that if i put headphones in, it is less likely that somebody tries to speak to me in slovak, or in general. if i can avoid someone speaking ot me in slovak, i can avoid the awkward exchange of hand gestures, disappointed and confused faces, and just avoid the entire thing. this is not anti-social, although i am, this is just being practical. most of the times this works, however, sometimes it doesn't
im not sure that many things frustrate me more than when people try to speak to me when i have headphones in (slovak or not slovak). even if you had no intention of me needing to take my headphones out, but you motioned something with your hands and mouthed something with your lips, my instinct is going to be to take my headphones out. you should know that this is going to happen.
when i just leave them in, nod, and smile, it always turns out that they wanted to actually say something. when i take them out, the person has nothing important to say. 

not like this o no, not like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment