Sunday, September 25, 2011

system rebooted.

Well I went home this past Friday to celebrate Joe's birthday. It was a night full of whining, complaining, crying, presents, cake, and jocularity. What a good combo!!!!!!!!!!! I also found out that he is in fact 6, not 7. Whew, time isn't moving as fast as I thought. Also, check out the store bought Hy-Vee cake. My dad forgot to get him a cake. SERIOUSLY? How do you forget the cake for a 6 year old's birthday. so naturally he ran to Hy-Vee ten min before dinner to go buy one. To say the least it was disgusting..but I ate it anyway. obviously. Hyvee cake SUCKS.
So after the party I went back to iowa city with my sister and just slept at her place for the night. Of course the city was a zoo so i stayed confined in her apt. LOSER. oh. actually. i lied. me her and peter went to the mill for a little while..and brought my dog jade because she was barking. can you say gettin CRRAZZZAAAYY? 
jade at the mill
and then the next day there was an Iowa game so of course people next to her apt were up at 5 am to tailgate. along with the rest of the city. I woke up early and went for a run...AWAY from all the action. i ended up only making it like 2 miles. maybe it was due to the hour of sleep I got on my sisters floor...but whatever. so i made my way back to the apt and headed home. coolio. anti-social. 
had a nice little quiet night at home on sat night. my parents and joey went to the aquarium in chicago for his birthday. 
ok but this is what you absolutely need to know. you must buy this stuff. it is the best thing that is made for sandwiches in the world. seriously. I ate two giant sandwiches just because i wanted to put this stuff on it. I had my aunt buy it for me in tucson because i couldnt find it at hyvee in cedar rapids. YOU MUST try it. boar's head deli dressing. yes please.
this morning (sunday) i was supposed to run a 10k. So i went my 6.2 miles, stopped at a friends house to say hi, and then ran 1.83 miles home. so totaled around 8 but thats cool! maybe that can make up for the sad sad 2 miles i ran on saturday? sure sure. But yeah tonight I had every intention of doing my chem lab and starting my english paper. lets just say ive been sitting on the couch since like 5.....its 8:30. oh with the exception to eat some food. good thing im ambitious!! 
got a package in the mail today though from my Aunt Katie....she sent me the Marathon Woman book!! WOOOH! Its by Kathrine Switzer and her life and how she was the first woman to run the Boston Marathon with a bib. #261.  Can't wait to read it im super pumped. Along with the book she sent me a marathon woman bracelet and shoe charms. (and a versa band....what???) I can't wait to go to Florida in November and meet her!
But yeah im turning in for the night. goody. although i am sitting watching desperate housewives.... desperately wishing i wasnt. 

Why was the boy covered in gift wrap? His mom told him to "live in the present"!!!
(joe)

No comments:

Post a Comment