Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time of Death

Time of Death..... 1:22. We injected the saline, and his heart stopped beating. We did everything that we could. Injecting too much saline causes our red blood cells to rupture, which kills us. We tried to resuscitate....it was too late, we performed CPR. too late. I killed my first mouse today.RIP mousey.

but ok day 2. you kicked my ass. i was in the lab for 9 hours today, came home, skyped my parents and erin, and then fell asleep until 9 tonight. its 10 now and I thin I'll go back to bed...
I feel bad being anti social but i would seriously enjoy some sleep.  One of my roommates, Mariajo, today, I said "nuts", and she said hmm, nuts..like balls? and i said yes! exactly like balls. Shes from spain and they are using me as their english tutor. Which I don't mind because if they only spoke spanish id be in some deep doo-doo.

I also rode the train for the first time today. Im pretty sure their public transportation is mainly used off of electricity... much more fuel efficient htan paying 10 dollars a gallon.

Tomorrow, no jokes, I have to learn how to work with rats the size of my calf. I will hold them, pet them, coddle them, kiss them, probably accidentally kill them. Those things r gross. Mice are one thing...they look like hamsters. Rats on the other hand...are like guinea pigs. sick with it.  But seriously, working with tehse aniamls is kind of cool. It's a pain in the ass to try and pick them up because they are so squeemish, but i tell them whos boss. I asked why we can' t just sedate them... I dont think they liked that?

A girl i work with in the lab named Jardka came and got me this mornign ot show me how to use the train. I might be a lost little animal tomorrow without her. you could compare me to the mouse that we put in a tube and injected saline in a vein in its tail until it died liek 2 seconds later. No joke, Ramon was like pumping his chest. It was likea  little premature baby. I htought that was kind of funny. I was like let the man go!

Still havne't gone to the store but for lunch today I ate in some sort of cafeteria that they called a "Bufet" But so how it works is, you choose your lunch for the day the day before. So today I chose what I was going to eat tomorrow, and then you hand them the ticket and htey plop some poo on your plate. Literally it looked like poo. And also, choosing my lunch for the next day is like the lottery because its all written in slovak..... i just chose a stamp and moved on. I love surprises! Maybe itll be the mouse I killed.

Also, I'd like to let everyone know that I havent had a pop in about 3 days now. If you know me you'll know thats a record. im going places. (also because im too scared to buy one)

I miss my family and friends,  but i'm lucky that my roommates are so nice to me. I am also lucky that right when I get off work Erin is just waking up and ready to skype! ha. My roommates are Erasmus students which means they are from other parts of Europe, its like an exchange program, so they are only here for hte year, adn they know what it's like to be the new kid so they are reallly helping me out here. It's also hilaroius to hear what they think about me and my american ways. I think they are in awe by me as much as I am in awe that you flush the toilet by pulling a string above it.  ALSO, they get PAID to come here. Apparently through this program, it pays them a certain amount a month to come here. Soooo They're making 1000$$  a montha nd I'm spending 1000$$ a month. somebody shoot me! or send me some money! jokes

I haven't gone out yet and im pretty pumped to go out tomorrow night. also a little concerned because I hope I make it home OK?

But for now, farewell!
chou?

No comments:

Post a Comment