Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ahoj!

Well my computer says its 2:28 pm but my watch says its 9:28 pm. I'm going to have to agree with the 9:28 considering i haven't slept in what seems like 12 days. even though i should be agreeing with the 2:28 i suppose..... the flight here was death. i was sweating so much that my chocolate luna bar literally slipped out of my hands because it was melting...lets keep in mind i was sitting on the plane.

when i arrived in vienna, i was thinking ok, there will be a guy standing with my name on a piece of paper ready to go... this was not the case. I came out, hopeful..excited... until I had no ride. obviously in a rush of panic i called erin and my mom to tell them i was stranded in vienna. thankfully, dr. hodosy found me mid-face time with my mom. so i got in this strangers car.

everyone has little tiny cars here. volkswagens. maybe that has to do with the fact that gas is about 9 dollars a gallon... exsqueeze me?
also, everyone smokes.. everywhere. people are smoking in my dorm hallway as we speak! do they not use smoke detectors here?
i have yet to unpack because i simply do not feel like it. i also have literally no food and have no idea where to buy food..so i haven't bothered trying. im living off the luna bars in my back pack. those will do.

getting to the research lab today to see what i would actually be doing for the rest of the summer was pretty cool. even though I ended up injecting some sort of solution in to a mouse vagina. that is real. however, i liked it.

im a littttlllee disappointed there is no wifi in my dorm room though. how am i supposed to face time or imessage? disappointemnt at its finest! also, i can't get my sim card out of my phone. so DONT CALL ME.

the bottom line is that im exhausted and share a bathroom with like 5 other people. im timid to move my stuff anywhere, don't want to expand it because i dont want to overstep.

Majority of my roommates are from spain, one from poland. They are prettttyyyy kewl and showed me around today. essentially they are taking me under their wing i also bought my first beer. and didn't even finish it. get off my back im tired.

last but not least, i didn't bring a towel with me. no showers for me until i somehow make it to a store. which honestly i have no idea when that will be. who needs showers anyway?

dirty kat!

dobre vece!

3 comments:

  1. i love that you're blogging and i'm sure you'll love that you received a comment! Dobrú noc or dobré ráno for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, I WANNA SEE PICTURESSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhahahhaah my world just lit up when i saw 2 comments! also i haven't made it out to take pics yet. im sure i will this weekend while my only friends are in slovenia and im here alone aha

    ReplyDelete