Saturday, May 26, 2012

DAY 4

Todayyy i saw ze cittttyyyyy a little bit. my roommate from poland, Monika, showed me around thankfully because I wouldnt have been able to do it myself! I have a few things to say I think but I can't remember what they are... however I did finally take some pictures. whenever i walk around I just think that every who sees me is thinking "stupid american" especially when i have my camera around my neck, its "stupid american tourist taking pictures"



To be honest i'm not really sure where we were but there were just like a million cafes in a row and had gorgeous outdoor seating and the furniture was so comfortable and i paid 6 dollars for 2 diet pepsi or excuse me "pepsi light"..ahh yes..the life. But no along the river there are so many cute cafes and stuff and it was simply lovely. Next to the cafes is a giant mall so we went in there and bought some shtuff. however i have no room in my suitcase so i dont know what would cause me to purchase anything while I am here.

but seriously, i think my favorite thing about htis place is that there are just cafes and random bars and just cute hang outs everywheere. even in the mall there were like 10 cafes. but i haven't bought any coffee yet....still need to do that



walking around the city today was great, it really is a pretty place. around my dorm, not so much, but when you get to the center it is. I love how there is so much space where a lot of people jut sit relax and drink or eat. or lay down and read a book. or just sit down and hang out! This place was built for people to just hang out it. why is cedar rapids not liek that? or ames? poooooo. or iowa?

i still have yet to unpack so i should really get going on that. one of my roommates, sarah, left this morning to go back to spain. so now its just me and monika in the room.

also, i had so many things to say and im pretty sure i have yet to say any of them. i dont remember!!! the shopping here is so much better. i wanted to buy everything. unfortunately im poor. ballas de mierda.

i also like that so many peopel bring their dogs out just to like the city center..but honest to goodness. none of them are on leashes! they are with their owners and their owners have leashes in their hands, but the dogs just run free! theyre mainly small ones but its just funny. until one of them like poops on me. it won't be so cute and funny then.

oh and if you were wondering my living situation (which you probalby weren't)...lets just say we do our dishes in the same place we brush our teeth

annnndd this is my room. my beds on the left. yyupp

No comments:

Post a Comment