Tuesday, May 29, 2012

river

DAY 7

thought #1:  the word river. this is the language barrier between me and my roommates. for some reason… the word river is an impossible obstacle in our relationship. its like… jade's doggy door that separates her from the rest of the house. i think it took us about 9 minutes to figure out that we were talking about the "river" not the "raper" or the "rider", but the river.

thought #2: its finals here right now. they have like a month to take them or something, i have no idea. however, men in suits, ties, dress shoes everywhere. women in dresses, skirts, heels. And then there is me. I love how all the students dress up for their exams. They have oral exams so they want to look presentable. they are lookin fly. and i am looking like doo-doo.

thought #3: a man who works for the tram people came up to me today and asked me if he could see my ticket to get on. Thankfully i bought a 3 month pass a few days ago. He literally asked nobody besides me. Could it have been the fact that i was shifting back and forth anxiously trying to see out the window to make sure i didn't miss my stop? could it be the fact that it looks like the USA planted me in slovakia? or could it be the fact that  i simply am the target of a racist attack. you tell me. no im just kidding, but i was really surprised that somebody actually came up and asked me if i had my ticket. he said it maliciously as if he knew i didnt have one and thought he was going to catch me. Because not only did he look at my card, but he opened it up, examined it for 5 min, and then looked disappointed that i did, in fact, have a real card to use the tram.

thought #4: were going out tonight. i hope i make it to work tomorrow.

thought #5: will somebody please point me in the direction where i can buy coffee to go? and some stamps?

thought #6 if you want a postcard you should give me your address. not like anyone reads this blog anyway though

thought #7: i stuck a probe down my rats throat all the way into its stomach to inject glucose this morning to do an oral glucose test. all im saying is that i would not enjoy being that rat. especailly when we cut part of its tail off to get some blood after we stuck something 4 inches long into its stomach. even though i felt bad for the guy..it was pretty cool

thought #8: i watched some students do a tracheotomy on a rat today..such a tiny trachea. also, when they put the tube in so it could breathe, the rat was breathing on its own at the same time…soo..it didn't work.. imagine somebody having an asthma attack because thats what it sounded like. all im saying is that i would not enjoy being that rat.

thought #9: my days literally fly by and i don't know where they go. I think its because my computer time is still iowa time, so i look at it. Also its when i can talk to my parents and erin its late here but early there..so i think i just put myself in that time zone

but…anyways. dovidenia! comemos pizza ahora

No comments:

Post a Comment